Unstoppable Domains: How to Set Up your NFT Domain and Why to Do That?
What are NFT domains?
Generally, a domain or a domain name is an identification string whose purpose is to define a realm of administrative autonomy, authority or control on the Internet (.com, .org, .gov, .net, etc.). It is used for application-specific naming or addressing purposes within some network or Internet Protocol. Unlike regular domains, NFT domains store the records on the blockchain and can be used as your decentralized digital identity for activities such as:
- Simplifying crypto payments
- Building decentralized websites
- Login to decentralized applications
Unstoppable Domains is the leading NFT domain provider and building decentralized identities for the world.
What are NFT domains used for?
NFT domains replace complex cryptocurrency addresses (which is similar to a bank account number and can look like: 0xc6b0562605d35ee710138402b878ffe6f2e23807), with a human-readable name that is easy to use and remember (like Alice.crypto). Unstoppable Domain is your one-stop-shop username to store all of your wallet addresses for sending and receiving crypto with multi-chain support
You can simply add any of your BTC, ETH, LTC, XLM, and other crypto addresses all to one domain, like Alice.crypto, and someone only needs to type your domain into a wallet to send crypto payments.
The NFT domain can also be used for building decentralized websites. These websites are not stored on the traditional centralized servers of large companies and can't be taken down by registrars or governments. Only the owner can put the website up and take it down because the content is stored on a decentralized network, like IPFS. You simply need to point content from a decentralized storage network to your Unstoppable domain. The NFT domains require Brave browser (check out Unstoppable Domains' integration with Brave!), Opera browser, or plugins to resolve inside most standard browsers as they're new and not yet supported by the traditional system.
A third popular use case for NFT domains is Login with Unstoppable, a single sign-on (SSO) solution for your NFT domain, similar to Google Sign In and Facebook Login. Your NFT domain is your portable online identity, therefore this feature plays a vital role in allowing you to easily carry your information with you wherever you go; such as your crypto addresses and profile information. Best yet, you have true ownership of the domain and associated information, therefore only you have full control over how the information is shared! Learn More
How to Buy an Unstoppable Domain
Buying an NFT domain with Unstoppable Domains is easy! Search for the address .... make an order and pay with fiat money or crypto. As soon as you get an email confirmation, you can start the process to replace the crypto address with a human-readable name.
- Add domains to your cart
- Click on the Cart icon on the top-right then click on Checkout
- If you are not buying with Store Credit (or Promo Credit), you may choose between Credit/Debit Card, PayPal, Cryptocurrency, or Crypto.com App as your payment method
Connecting Your Atomic Wallet Address to your Unstoppable Domain
After you have minted your new Unstoppable NFT domain, the next step is to add your wallet address to the domain so you can start transferring crypto with your domain using Atomic Wallet! Here's how to do it in 5 simple steps:
- Go to Account Settings in your Unstoppable Domains account
- Click Add Wallet
- Sign using your respective wallet method.
- Go to My Domains
- Click on Manage next to the domain you want to add addresses to
- Add your cryptocurrency addresses in the correct field. You can also click Add Currency and search for a token that's not appearing on the default list
- After adding the addresses, click on Confirm Changes at the bottom of the page and sign the transaction when prompted in your wallet
- Changes will be published to the blockchain, this can take up to 10 minutes and you won't be able to make additional changes until this transaction appears as Completed on the Transactions page
How to Mint your Unstoppable Domain
After you complete your purchase, you can start the process of replacing your crypto address with a human-readable name by first minting the domain. Minting is the process of publishing an NFT domain to the blockchain via your wallet to gain full custody of the domain. This means that the only person that has control over the domain is the person who controls (has access) to the wallet. This is what makes them decentralized and ultimately Unstoppable. Once minted, neither Unstoppable Domains nor any other entity can make changes to the domain or take it back from you. Through the Polygon network, you can mint and manage your NFT domains for free on Unstoppable Domains since they cover the gas fees. To mint to Polygon, click Free Mint next to your purchased domain on the My Domains page. We recommend minting your NFT domain to your Atomic Wallet! Here's how:
- Go to My Domains
- You will see the domain you've just purchased is here listed as 'Not Minted'. Click the 'Free Mint' button to start the minting process.
- The next step will ask you to connect your wallet. Click 'Add new wallet' and select 'Other Browser Wallet'. Your Atomic Wallet window will pop up for you to connect.
- Read the message and understand that the next action is irreversible. This will officially register your domain to the blockchain and the owner will be the Polygon address associated with your Unstoppable account. When you are ready, click I understand and then the confirm button.
- For added security, you will be emailed a verification code to verify your email and to continue the claim process.
- The minting process started. It can take a few minutes. You do not need to wait on the page and can go back to your Domains.
Owning your Digital Identity with Unstoppable Domains
Your Unstoppable NFT domain is loaded with superpowers, and as the world shifts to web3, it'll be more important than ever to own your part of the new internet. By owning an Unstoppable Domain, you'll not only help progress the digital world, you'll ensure your identity is secured for the next wave of technology!